I love to read. I love to write reviews. Check out my reviews on my favorite books! Comment with books you wish to see or what you liked! Check out my Instagram Account @book_drunkard_ for more posts!

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Better When He's Bad

Book: Better When He’s Bad (Welcome to the point #1)
Author: Jay Crownover

Summary:There’s a difference between a bad boy and a boy who’s bad . . . meet Shane Baxter.
Sexy, dark, and dangerous, Bax isn’t just from the wrong side of the tracks, he is the wrong side of the tracks. A criminal, a thug, and a brawler, he’s the master of bad choices, until one such choice landed him in prison for five years. Now Bax is out and looking for answers, and he doesn’t care what he has to do or who he has to hurt to get them. But there’s a new player in the game, and she’s much too innocent, much too soft…and standing directly in his way.
Dovie Pryce knows all about living a hard life and the tough choices that come with it. She’s always tried to be good, tried to help others, and tried not to let the darkness pull her down. But the streets are fighting back, things have gone from bad to worse, and the only person who can help her is the scariest, sexiest, most complicated ex-con The Point has ever produced.
Bax terrifies her, awakening feelings she never thought she’d have for a guy like him. But it doesn’t take Dovie long to realize . . . some boys are just better when they’re bad.

Review: Shane “Bax” Baxter is bad, and no where near the typical “bad” boy, but just straight up BAD. I have never read about a character like him and I’m not going to lie I love him and I hate him all at the same time. I mean he is a total asshole yet deep down you know he’s being that way for a reason. I just can’t help but love him and love him with Dovie. I think Dovie is perfect for Bax because unless you grew up like they both did they know how the other works and what makes them tick. This book sucked me and made me feel like I grew up and lived in the point. (I didn’t but I can pretend while reading :)) I also think that Jay did something so different with not making him become the “hero” I mean yes he saved the girl and such but it’s not like he actually changed his behavior because he went on to still run a chop shop and fight in illegal fights. I also love how Dovie rose above it all to go on and help other kids in the streets! This book was just so different from Jay’s other series and it was just an intense read that I couldn’t get over. I literally put it down when I was finished and was sad to see Dovie and Bax go because I just liked it that much!
vvvv

Follow by Email

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *