I love to read. I love to write reviews. Check out my reviews on my favorite books! Comment with books you wish to see or what you liked! Check out my Instagram Account @book_drunkard_ for more posts!

Monday, June 26, 2017

Rescuing Rayne

Book: Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes #1)
Author: Susan Stoker

Summary:  As a flight attendant, Rayne Jackson is used to cancellations, but she never dreamed her latest would lead to a whirlwind tour of London with a handsome stranger…or a life-altering night in his bed. One evening is all the enigmatic man can give her, and Rayne greedily takes it, despite suspecting it will never be enough.

Heading home after another extreme mission, Keane "Ghost" Bryson hadn't planned to seduce someone during his layover, but Rayne is too sweet to resist. Being a Delta Force member means lying to protect his identity, which is unfortunate, considering Rayne seems made for Ghost, right down to the tattoo on her back. For the first time in his life, regret fills him as he slips away the following morning.

Both are shocked when, months later, they meet again—under the worst possible circumstances. Seems fate has given them a second chance…if they can survive the terrorist situation they're in. If Rayne can forgive Ghost his lies. And if Ghost can trust Rayne to be strong enough to endure the secrets and uncertainty that come with loving a Delta Force soldier. 

Review: Before I dive into my review about this story can I just say that after reading this book, my first of Susan Stoker stories I ended up buying the rest in her other series that is how spectacular I thought this story was. Rayne is my kind of woman, she’s spunky fun but also cautious and reserved when need to be. She knows a good man when she see’s him and throws her normal “behavior” to the side and allows herself to be different with Ghost. I love how the 24 hours they spent together completely changes both of them and makes them change their everyday behavior. I also love how incredibly tough and strong headed Rayne is during her time in Egypt, more power to her and I hope that others who in real life have to go through these awful events are as firm and strong as Rayne is. Side note: I also have to just say that all the men and women who in real life fight for the Delta Force are my heroes. That said where do I find myself a Ghost (or for that matter any of his teammates)! I love this story I love how Ghost and Rayne fight so hard to be together and that is what makes it such a great story. I’m not one to pick on grammar, punctuation blah blah blah because when I am reading a story I’m not looking at those things, but rather at the storyline and relationship in the story. I love how Ghost and Rayne fight to be together and end up making it work in a beautiful way.

Follow by Email

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *