I love to read. I love to write reviews. Check out my reviews on my favorite books! Comment with books you wish to see or what you liked! Check out my Instagram Account @book_drunkard_ for more posts!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Max

Title: Max (Carter Brother’s #4)
Author: Lisa Helen Gray

Summary: Max Carter is a notorious playboy and overall general bad boy and he likes it that way! He doesn’t care about getting in trouble and when he is punished for vandalising a church he knows that even his community service won’t change him or his ways. What he doesn’t know is that through this community service he will introduced to Lake Miller who will change his life forever. Lake is just trying to get through life, surviving one day at a time when she is found sleeping at the church and is taken in by the Carter family. She has no time for Max and his playboy ways at first, but in time the two must work together and learn from each other about relationships and what they mean.

Review: Max just like his brothers is an amazing character that makes you laugh, makes you cry and in the end makes your heart melt! I love Lisa Helen Grey as an author and highly recommend all of her books, but this series has a very special place in my heart! I love the 5 brothers, the women who come into their lives and the side characters who make their family complete. I love a book series that draws you in and is so well written that you feel a part of the book and the family! Max is one of my favorite characters in all of the other books and so I couldn’t wait for his book to come out! I loved the story and even the crazy sad parts where *spoiler* Max lets Lake go to be with her family is so incredibly moving that I cried reading about both of their hearts breaking! Lake and Max go through some troubling times in this story but my favorite thing is that the “hard” parts are so sprinkled in with the happy, hot and funny parts that you are able to recover and move on without the book being to sad. I love the relationship that comes about with Max and Lakes twin brother and how Lisa handles introducing new characters into the story that makes you feel they have been along for the ride. Some of my other favorite parts include - The Bachelor/Bachelorette party!!!! (So funny/sexy/spicy red hot!!) Seeing Hope all the time :) and just the general craziness that comes from the Carter Family! I also CANNOT wait for the next book! Maverick’s story looks to be an amazing addition/finale to this series!

Follow by Email

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *