Book: Mason (Carter Brothers #2)
Author: Lisa Helen Gray
Summary: Mason Carter has always had feelings for Denny Smith and after they both give in to those feelings he pushes her away. He believes that Denny deserves so much more than he can be and that his past of too many hook-ups and his biological DNA will get in the way of a relationship. Denny loves Mason but when he breaks her hear after she gives him her virginity she tries hard to move on. However she can't when she learns that Mason left something behind from that night...a child. Months later when Denny comes back home to testify for her friend Harlow, Mason knows that he has to do everything in his power to show Denny that he truly does love her and wants to be in her life. Beyond this though is a dark force that has the potential to destroy Denny's life.
Review: Another sweet hit from Lisa Helen Gray!!!
1. I love seeing Mason work so hard to show Denny how he really does truly love/care for her! I can't imagine how hard it is to com pate believing that your biological DNA is bad and you can't be a good husband/father etc. Seeing Mason and the other Carter brothers try to move past their bad life to hope for a future full of good!
2. Denny is AMAZING!!! Super strong heroine who not only is working through having her heart broken, learning she is pregnant, being kicked out of her home and now having to testify against someone who is evil and having others who are threatening her. Man she fights back hard and its awesome!
3. Her Nan (and Harlow's Nan) are Kick a** - I want to be like them when I grow up!
4. The book is super intense and always keeps you guessing and interested in the story line!
5. Great read and this series is definitely on its way to becoming one of my favorite new series!!!!