I love to read. I love to write reviews. Check out my reviews on my favorite books! Comment with books you wish to see or what you liked! Check out my Instagram Account @book_drunkard_ for more posts!

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Obsidian

Book: Obsidian (New Species # 8) 
 Author: Laurann Dohner

Summary: Dr. Allison Baxer is obsessed with saving the New Species 880 who lost his mate and is now in a coma. She knows she can save him even if her idea is unconventional so when the higher up Species deny her idea she takes it into her own hands. She kidnaps him from Homeland sets up her own lab and climbs into his bed. 880 wakes up to find a female laying next to him, teasing his senses but when he realizes she's human he quickly turns his lust into rage. Things change though when he is introduced to the New Species, he wants Alli by his side and will do whatever it takes to keep her. 

Review: I give Alli huge props for going above and beyond her job as a doctor to try and "fix" Obsidian. I think her will and determination is what makes this a great read and kept me interested to find out what would happen to her and if the course of action would actually work to awake Obsidian and if he would be happy to be awake. I did enjoy this book but there was something missing, some zing that made it fall just short of be an amazing story especially compared to some of the others in this series.

4 out of 5 stars. 

Follow by Email

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *