I love to read. I love to write reviews. Check out my reviews on my favorite books! Comment with books you wish to see or what you liked! Check out my Instagram Account @book_drunkard_ for more posts!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Maggie's Dad



Book: Maggie’s Dad
Author: Diana Palmer

Summary:   Long ago Powell Long and Antonia Haye were engaged and in love, when suddenly they were ripped apart by lies. Antonia left the city and Powell married another and fathered a child that he didn’t believe was actually his. Years later a sick Antonia comes back to teach and ends up having Powell’s child in her class. The two adults fuss and fight with each other, they go through more lies, doctor visits and sick family members before they are able to figure out what truthfully happened so many years ago. 

Review: This is a classic Diana Palmer story, with heartache, distrust, lies and age gaps. I am a huge fan of Diana Palmer, but this was not one of my favorites. Powell was behind rude and hurtful multiple times to Antonia, to the point where she just needed to move on, because someone can only take so much hurt before losing it. I was not a fan of Powell at all, he also was not very nice to his daughter, and even if he didn’t think she was his he should have still done more to protect her.   This wasn’t one of my favorite Diana Palmer stories, but by far not one of the worst that I have read.

3.5 stars out of 5

Follow by Email

Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *